Did You Know? SMART Learning Suite Online Now Integrates with G Suite
SMART Learning Suite Online (SLS Online) now integrates with G Suite! Teachers and schools can now access SLS Online from within G Suite to create, deliver, organize and share lessons, leveraging the existing Google tools and workflows already used in the classroom.
This new integration means there’s no need for teachers to waste time by switching to a new platform during a lesson. Even better, teachers can easily share their SLS Online lessons directly from Google Drive or Google Classroom.
Here’s what you can do with the new integration:
Open, create and store SLS Online lessons directly from G Suite
- To create a lesson in Google Drive, select New > More > SMART Learning Suite.
- When SLS Online opens you have 4 options
- Import from your device
- Import from Google Drive
- In both of the above cases, you can import existing PDF, PowerPoint and SMART Notebook files from your computer or your Google Drive
- Start with an Activity
- The SMART Learning Suite has pre-made interactive activities which you can use on a SMART Board or IFP.
- In some cases, these activities can be shared directly to the student devices so that they can actively participate.
- Start with an assessment
- As a teacher, you can create a brief assessment which can be shared directly to student devices within your class
- These assessments can be Multiple Choice, True/False, Multiple Answer, Poll/Opinion, and Short Answer
- While these assessments are not "formal" they can be used for "Do Now" activities, pre-assessments, or review tools prior to formal assessments or exams
- The lesson will automatically open in Creation Mode. You can then add activities and assessments, and further tailor your lesson to meet your needs.
Your SLS Online lessons are automatically stored in Google Drive alongside your other files, meaning you don’t have to go hunting for lessons or content in different platforms and places. Create specific folders for subjects, such as Math or Geography, and store your SLS Online lessons in there along with other relevant files in your Google Drive. Take a moment to view the YouTube video below for more details.
Deliver lessons to students and share with colleagues
- To deliver the lesson, simply right click on it from inside Google Drive
- Choose Open With
- Then choose SMART Learning Suite.
- If you’d like to send your lesson to to students for homework, simply create a link as you would for any other Google Doc and share it.
- You can also assign it to students directly from Google Classroom, meaning you don’t have to change anything about your existing workflow.
For more detailed documentation please visit https://support.smarttech.com/docs/software/smart-learning-suite-online/en/how-it-works/default.cshtml